Friday, May 05, 2006
The Fourth Glorious Mystery- The Assumption Of Mary Into Heaven
The Apostles now strengthened and empowered go out to foreign lands to preach and teach what Jesus taught them. Our Blessed Mother goes to live with John, the beloved disciple. Mary lives many years on earth after the death of Christ.
She is a source of comfort, consolation and strength to the apostles. As she had nourished the infant Jesus, so she nourishes spiritually the infant Church.
Mary dies, not of bodily sickness, but is consumed in a mystical sea of divine love. Her body as well as her soul is taken up into heaven.
After her burial the Apostles go to the tomb and find only fragrant lilies. Jesus does not permit the sinless body of His Mother to decay in the grave.
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name: Thy kingdom come: Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread: and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil.
1. Our Blessed Mother goes to live with John, as her Son had asked.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.Amen
2. Mary lives many years on earth after the death of Jesus.
Hail Mary …
3. She offers comfort and strength to the apostles.
4. She prays for the them and the new church that is being started.
5. Naturally, they are sad at the thought of losing their mother.
6. They will miss her a lot.
7. They lay her in the tomb.
8. The apostles go to the tomb later and find only lilies.
Hail Mary …
9. Joyously they realize that Jesus would not permit His Holy Mother's body to lay in the tomb.
Hail Mary …
10. He has assumed her body as well as her soul into heaven to be with Him.
Glory Be To The Father
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost.As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Posted by Ginny at 5/05/2006 10:00:00 PM